Call for Volunteers: Lifesaving Sport Commissioner
The Lifesaving Society Canada is currently seeking a volunteer to lead the Lifesaving Sport activity centre and projects as assigned by the Board of Directors. Reporting to the Board of Directors (or designate), the Lifesaving Sport Commissioner will perform duties as outlined in the attached Lifesaving Sport Terms of Reference and Job Description.
The Lifesaving Society Canada’s Sport Commission contributes to the mission of the Society by engaging and inspiring youth in our humanitarian mission through sport. At this time, the Lifesaving Sport Commission has six areas of focus to help achieve this mandate:
- Athlete, coaching and official’s development based on the LTAD model.
- High performance sport to include competition (Commonwealth Championships and Lifesaving World Championships) and support of the National team, coaches and managers.
- National championships in lifeguard emergency response, lifesaving sport pool and lifesaving sport surf.
- Research, develop and implement technical rules related to Lifesaving Sport in Canada.
- Develop of a Federal Government lobbying strategy aimed at Sport Canada to gain recognition for Lifesaving Sport.
- Work on alternate funding strategies for Lifesaving Sport development throughout Canada.
Please submit an Expression of Interest to Wendy Schultenkamper, Director of Operations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 January 2020. Expressions of Interest should include a description of your relevant experience, skills, and education.
Call for Volunteers- Lifesaving Sport Commissioner - FR
Leave A Comment