As the recognized national authority on lifesaving and lifeguarding, the Lifesaving Society is frequently asked to provide its expertise on facility design, facility operations and inquires into a facility fatality.
The Lifesaving Society offers a range of Safety Management Services to both our affiliates and outside organizations. We meet with facility owners/operators to consult on facility designs and operations. We will collaborate with architects, designers and facility operators to share our expertise in design elements that contribute to safe aquatic facilities and identify design features that compromise public safety.
The Lifesaving Society is often called on during fatality inquests and civil cases for our expertise. We will aid in fatality inquires by conducting site visits and accident reconstruction. Following our investigation the Society will present a detailed report, which would be supported by the Society's appearance in court.
These services include:
- Safety Standards
- Comprehensive and topical Aquatic Safety Audits of facilities
- Consultation on facility design and operational practices
- Access to research on safety and risk management from around the world
- The National Lifeguard Training Program
- The Lifesaving First Aid and Aquatic Emergency Care Training Programs
- Safety Management Training Programs