Swimming & Lifesaving Programs
Basic swimming ability is a fundamental requirement in any meaningful attempt to eliminate drowning in Canada. The Lifesaving Society offers training programs from learn-to-swim through advanced lifesaving, lifeguarding and leadership.
Good swimmers can:
- Make safe choices in, on and around water and ice
- Protect themselves and others
- Swim for fitness
- Enjoy other aquatic activities (boating, fishing, snorkeling, etc.)
- Explore aquatic sports (Lifesaving Sport, swim club, synchronized swimming, diving, etc.)
- Become Swim and/or Lifesaving Instructors and National Lifeguards
Lifesaving Society swim programs include:
To find an upcoming course near you please visit Find a Course or contact your local pool.