Lifesaving Society Alberta and Northwest Territories Branch Giveaway – CONTEST (“THE CONTEST”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
This contest is only eligible for residents of Alberta and Northwest Territories. This contest is governed by Canadian law and the laws of Alberta and Northwest Territories.
Contests are hosted by Lifesaving Society Alberta and Northwest Territories Branch, herein referred to as “Lifesaving Society”.
- Contests may run for different lengths or from different times. The contest will begin when it is posted, and the contest end-date / time will be stated in the contest announcement post. Only entries received within the timeframe described in the contest post will be entered. Entries received outside the contest period will not be eligible to win the prize and will not be considered for any other contests running at that time.
- The contest is open to all residents of Alberta and Northwest Territories over the age of 13 with a valid and active Facebook account or Instagram account.
Lifesaving Society reserves the right to refuse any entry or submission for any reason. By entering, you give Lifesaving Society permission to share your photos for promotional purposes.
HOW TO ENTER
- Contests will be hosted on Facebook and Instagram. Entries will only be accepted on these channels.
To be entered into a contest, “Entrants” must follow the requirements laid out in the contest announcement post. Entries that do not meet the contest requirements or which Lifesaving Society deems to be inappropriate for display will be considered invalid.
“Entrants” may only enter each contest once, unless stated otherwise in the contest announcement post. “Entrants” may be awarded additional contest entries for completing additional actions above the minimum contest requirements. Additional entries will be at the discretion of Lifesaving Society.
No purchase necessary.
- Winner(s) will be selected by random draw after the contest closes. In the event or suspected event of tampering, unauthorized intervention, or fraud is deemed to have occurred, Lifesaving Society reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest or any Entrants’ submissions in any way without prior notice or obligation. Lifesaving Society reserves the right to reselect a winner if the initial draw does not meet or adhere to the contest requirements.
- Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted via a reply on their Facebook / Instagram comment and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply within 24 hours of notification. The selected entrant must then correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question as required by Canadian Contests and Sweepstakes law.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within one (1) calendar day of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (iii) has not adhered to the contest rules; or (iv) fails to respond within the specified time, they will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and Lifesaving Society reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
- Prizes will vary by contest. Each contest will offer a different prize with a different prize value. Each contest prize will be described in the contest announcement post. Entrants are only eligible to win the contest prize for the contest they enter.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Lifesaving Society’s option. Lifesaving Society reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value.
To receive a prize, winners will need to provide: first name, last name, address, postal code, city, and phone number. Winners located in Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Leduc, Spruce Grove, or Stony Plain must collect their prize from the Lifesaving Society Alberta and Northwest Territories office (13123- 156th Street, Edmonton, AB, T5V 1V2). For winners living outside these locations, the prize will be shipped directly to your residential address. If the winning prize is for swim lessons, Lifesaving Society will re-imburse the winner for their registration in any local swim lesson program.
Any costs or expenses incurred by the Winner in claiming or using the Prize (including, without limitation, licence, insurance and registration) will be the responsibility of the Winner, with the exception of the “swim lessons” prize described above.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of Lifesaving Society with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. This Contest and the application or interpretation of the Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall be governed by the applicable laws of Canada and of the Province of Alberta, and each Entrant irrevocably attorns to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta.
- By participating in the Contest, the Entrant hereby REMISES AND RELEASES Lifesaving Society, its respective heirs, successors, employees, officers, directors, contractors, assigns, agents and representatives, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers, insurers and promotion and fulfillment agencies, its legal advisors and its owners (each considered “Releasees”) of and from any and all manners of action, causes of action, suits, debts, costs, claims, damages and demands arising out of or in consequence to any loss, injury or damage to the Entrant’s person or property, including death, damage or injury incurred or suffered by the Entrant while creating the Entry, participating in the Contest, claiming the Prize, using or misusing of the Prize or possessing the Prize, notwithstanding that any such loss, personal injury, death, property damage or claim based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy may have arisen by reason of the negligence of the Releasees.
- By participating in the Contest, the Entrant AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS each of the Releasees of and from any and all manners of action, proceedings, claims, costs, losses, damages, expenses, legal fees on a solicitor or own-client basis, or demands whatsoever that may be brought against the Releasees or any or all of them, or which they may sustain, pay or incur as a result of, arising out of, in connection with or in consequence to participation in the Contest, claiming the Prize, using or misusing the Prize, possessing the Prize or any activities incidental thereto, including as a result of the Entrant’s negligence or the negligence of the Releasees. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant agrees to fully indemnify, without limitation, the Releasees from any and all claims relating to the Contest by third parties.
- Lifesaving Society reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Lifesaving Society that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Lifesaving Society reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- By participating in the Contest, the Entrant:
(a) grants Lifesaving Society the right to use his/her name, social media profile, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, contacting and announcing the Winner; and
(b) acknowledges that Lifesaving Society may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers for the purpose of administering the contest.
- All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Lifesaving Society reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Lifesaving Society – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason Lifesaving Society deems necessary for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Lifesaving Society in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
- By entering the Contest each entrant grants to Lifesaving Society, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her entry in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her photo and entry in favour of Lifesaving Society; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the entry. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, Lifesaving Society reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any entry if a complaint is received with respect to the entry, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then Lifesaving Society reserves the right to disqualify the entry and/or the associated entrant. If Lifesaving Society determines that any entry does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then Lifesaving Society reserves the right to disqualify the entry and/or the associated entrant.
- Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter or vote, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Lifesaving Society. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Lifesaving Society upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Without limitation, Lifesaving Society, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by Lifesaving Society, its advertising or promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, Lifesaving Society, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
- In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to Lifesaving Society, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her Entry only for the purpose of administering the Contest unless the entrant otherwise agrees to receive further communications from Lifesaving Society.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, YouTube, Woobox, or Mailchimp.