The Lifesaving Society is pleased to be entering into an enhanced delivery system with our affiliate partners. Society Training Centres and Accredited Facilities will optimize their relationship with the Society, providing added value to the community we both serve.
This system involves two levels of accreditation: Provincial Training Centre (PTC) and Zone Training Centre (ZTC). Each type of accreditation has distinct advantages and opportunity for the affiliate and the Lifesaving Society to better meet the needs of the community.
This renewed relationship and delivery partnership offers:
- fresh avenues to engage people in safe, fun learning activities and fitness;
- more access to the healthy active lifestyle people want; and
- incentive for the young and old to stay at the pool, ready to take the necessary training to be a lifeguard and instructor.
Provincial Training Center
In order to be a Provincial Training Centre (PTC) the affiliate must have the capacity to offer a full spectrum of Lifesaving Society education and training programs within their community and to their staff.
The following facilities have been confirmed as a PTC:
- City of Calgary Aquatic Centers
- Dr. Duncan Murray Recreation Centre, Hinton
- Fountain Park Recreation Centre, St. Albert
- MacEwan Centre for Sport & Wellness, Edmonton
- Max Bell Aquatic Centre, Lethbridge
- University of Alberta, Edmonton
To become a Provincial Training Centre complete the "Make the Connection" Training Centre Application Form and mail to the Society.
Zone Training Center
In order to be a Zone Training Centre (ZTC), affiliates must offer as many Lifesaving Society education and training programs within their current resource capacity with the intent to build further internal capacity.
The following facilities have been confirmed as a ZTC:
- Harbour Pool, Fort Saskatchewan
- Mount Royal College, Calgary
- Ruth Inch Memorial Pool, Yellowknife
To become a Zone Training Centre complete the "Make the Connection" Training Centre Application Form and mail to the Society.